Is new receiver refurbished?? need info ASAP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Everett Painter, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Everett Painter

Just purchased a Yamaha RX-V1300 from my local authorized dealer. I won't go into details but when I unpacked it, it became obvious that the box had been opened before and resealed. It appears to have been done at the factory...the staples, sealing tape is identical. Everything in the box appears new, wrapped. There is not a blemish on anything. Is there a reason the factory would re-open a box? I just want to make certain I bought a new unit and not something that has been refurbished. Any quick thoughts would be appreciated as I want to take this back ASAP if I need to.

Thanks!

2. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

they will sometimes open up boxes at the factory, to replace missing or updated literature or errata, special offers, maybe some different remotes, etc. It's pretty easy to tell if the unit is factory new and sealed compared to a return. You simply cannot, or without some difficulty mimmick a factory sealed job

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

If it's refurbished there will be a sticker or note on there somewhere. At least all the refurbished stuff I've ever seen (and that's a lot) has had this.

4. Jeff Hipps

Jeff Hipps Stunt Coordinator

It is standard industry practice to QC (Quality control) a percentage of each incoming shipment. This involves opening the carton and performing a complete function check of the unit. Perhaps your Yamaha was simply on of those chosen for QC.

Jeff Hipps