What's new

Is Netflix the Greatest Thing Ever? (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Chiming in on Netflix's two-disc policy...
Recently, I received Pearl Harbor from Netflix (no flames please, not the topic of this thread). I wasn't aware that it spanned two discs when I put it in my queue, so I was surprised to receive two discs in the Netflix envelope. It only cost me one queue position.
Perhaps they only hold out the second disc as a separate queue position when it's the supplementary stuff?

The problem I see with breaking up two disc sets is that more often than not, only 1 of the 2 is readily available. You might get disc 2 first, and then disc 1 three months later.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The reason they did this is to slow us down, we are renting to many DVDs to fast, and they are losing money. This is why I've had it with them, and I changed my sub. to a two disc's plan, until I find another vender.
Absolutely. I joined NetFlix rather early on. I live in Los Angeles. It takes 1-2 days for mail to reach NetFlix from where I live. Initially I would ship my discs back Monday and have the new discs by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Well, the turnaround time started growing longer...and longer...and longer...until soon I was spending a good week without a disc in my hands. They claimed it was the fault of the mail. Bullshit. The mail suddenly and permanently slowed down by HALF?!

I firmly believe that customers were renting too many discs, they weren't making enough money, so they simply started putting holds on discs coming back, limiting the number of discs you can rent per month, thereby maximizing their profit. There's no way you can rent more than 10 discs a month from Netflix, so, for the price, I don't think it's worth it. When I send a movie back on Monday and don't have a new one in my hands by Friday, it ain't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks