What's new

Is my tweeter damaged (1 Viewer)

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
When i received my Infinity c360 today i noticed that the dome on the tweeter seems to have been finger pressed. I haven't had time to listen to it yet, but will it distort the sound or is it a protective covering.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, that is not a cover, that IS the tweeter. You should be able to take some masking tape apply gently to the dome and pull it out. If the tape seems too sticky, stick it to something else first to make it less sticky, then try it. Avoid using something really sticky that might leave residue on the dome or actually pull it out and damage it. As long as there are no major creases in the tweeter, it should be OK.

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
Well after about hundred stick and pulls I have managed to get it back into to shape there is still one small crease as well as a cuple very small dents, but have to be about 6 inches in front of it with the light shining to see it. I've read that over time they will form back into shape. Anyways,Thanks for the reply, as well as to the forum members in general who have always been willing to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks