What's new

Is my set-up the best for my system??? (1 Viewer)

Newbie07

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I wanted to check if, in other people´s opinions, my current set-up is the best or could I make it better...

I have:

Sony Bravia LCD KDL series HDTV

Sony Bravia Home theatre system DAV-DZ570

PlayStation 3

The HT system is Mexican/Latin American (I live there) but I bought the Playstation in US so, depending on what zones my DVDs are, some I need to play through the DVD player and some I can play through the PlayStation.

The HT system only has 1 HDMI port.

I currently have:

HDMI cable plugged from HT system - TV
HDMI cable plugged from PLayStation - TV (for picture only)
Fibre Optic cable plugged from Playstation - HT system (for sound)

I like the sound set up now but I would like to improve if it has the capability to.

Can anyone advise me if there is anything I could change or if I am running about as good as I can with this hardware?

If only my HT system had >1 HDMI port but alas.....

Thanks in advance

hojuguy

Agent
Real Name
ross parker
I think you have the best setup you can do given the limitations of the DAV-DZ570.

I was going to suggest you get someone to make your PS3 region free for DVD's and play them through that because it probably has better video processing for picture quality than the DVD player in the DAV-DZ570.

BUT... seems you cannot make a PS3 DVD rgion free, and absolutely not Blu-ray region free.

So basically you did all you can, maybe you can get some better speaker cable! If you want suggestions then just holler...

Cheers...

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Hola y bienvenido Mark.

Actually you won't have a region problem with Blu-Ray disks, because all of North America is in the same region (A). Actually region A includes Central and South America as well as some of East Asia, so you won't really have a problem.

You can use your DVD player for region 1 DVDs and the Playstation for Latin American DVDs.

Newbie07

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the replies.

Looks like I am running as best I can with my current set-up.

...until I start looking to buy individual components....

Thanks again,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks