What's new

Is My Receiver Screwing up My CRT like Unsheilded Speakers Do? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was experiencing problems with my CRT. I was getting the purple/green blob on the lower left corner every few days. I moved my surrounds and degaussed. Time would go by and the blob would come back. I moved the speakers farther away and repeated the process and the Blob would still come back. I ended up moving my subwoofer and well, but the problem persisted. I have my receiver below my set on a shelf system. I noticed the other day that turning my receiver on and off would sometimes produce pulsed on my screen and sometimes this would result in the blob. Sometimes switching it off/on again would pulse the screen and make it go back to normal. Is this something that is a normal occurance for a receiver being too close to a CRT. Do I need to move my receiver and if so, how far away should it be?

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Have you tried removing the receiver completely out of your setup and see if the problem goes away with the tv?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, there really is not a separate outlet nearby. I have most of everything plugged into a surge protector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks