What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Is my new MOBO dead? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
If you seem my post before, my first MB I tried was the AK31a which I couldn't get running at all first one was defective and the second just didn't work, which was replaced by the 8KHa+ that I have now... couldn't get myself to spend the +$45 for a K7RA or a Soyo Dragon+ so it was the Shuttle or the EPoX from the start. One thing about Newegg is that they're very easy to get RMAs for. From just talking to their customer service, they don't seem very technically inclined so you could tell them that blue cheese was coming out of the socket and they'd write it down and issue you an RMA#. :)
Now, my 8KHa+ is zipping along quite nicely. I might have to get another hard drive sooner or later and my cooling projects continue!
One thing nice about my cheap Enlight 7237 case is that you can see the POST code display from the EPoX without removing the case as you can see it through the fan...
..and the Enlight case (with 300w PS) and brand new Enermax 350W PSU is still cheaper than some of the better made Antec cases by a small bit. I'm gonna sell the 300W Sparkle that I got sooner or later..
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJL
Recent bookmarks