Is My Gamecube dead?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DeathStar1, Jul 31, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just double checking to see if anyone else has had this problem. Each time I start the cube with a game in it, it automatically takes me to the options screen now instead of starting up the game.

Out of 15 tries, when I finally got the game going, it gave me an error screen after a minute or so of play..

If it is broken, a question. How much for a trade in of an old gamecube at GameStop for a new one?

Thanks...

2. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

You do know that they check the hardware before they buy it. I don't think they buy broken Gamecubes. But you might as well give it a shot.

Brion

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Damn, didn't know they only took in working ones, although it probably should have been a forgone conclusion. When I traded in my old working GBASP for a nes themed one, they just took it. They didn't test it or anything..

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Try calling Nintendo and see if they'll fix it for you.

5. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I vaguely remember having a temporary problem like this, and I seem to think it was something to do with the wireless controllers, that I had to swtich to the regular corded controllers for a while before switching back again.