Is my DVD player about to die?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by RickER, Apr 4, 2005.

1. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    My Sony 7700 is about 6 years old. Of late the picture has a green tint to it, usually shows on peoples faces. The green will come and go. At first i thought it might be my TV, a Sony 36" XBR, only 3 years old. I checked the picture on satellite when the DVD picture was green, it looked great. Then,switch back to DVD, and its green again. I have my player hooked up to the component inputs. Any thoughts?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

That was a great unit back in the day, formerly Sony's flagship player c. 1999 or so.

Have the picture controls been played around with on the player? Or did this problem crop up suddenly or gradually? Before anything, check the picture controls on the player.

3. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Everything is set the way it always has been. It goes green fast, and then a gradual change back to normal. Strange that when the player is running for a while it doesn't do it, and it looks as good as the day it was new. Cables are not that old, and everything is plugged in tight. Never saw anything like it, except when the picture tube is going out. Don't think thats the case because sat. still looks good, back to DVD and its green again. Thanks again for any help or guesses.