Is my Denon 2802 faulty?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by shaun_p, Nov 27, 2001.

1. shaun_p

shaun_p Extra

I've recently purchased a Denon 2802 and have noticed that a get a pop from the speakers on the first power up of the day or evening (coincides with the second relay click - muting circuit opening).

Having tried some investigation it only appears to do it when an analogue source is connected ie satelite, vcr, dvd player (via analogue). with no source connected at all (only speakers) there is no pop and with the dvd player connected via digital co-ax there is no pop. I have tried connecting all the equipment individually but each piece causes the pop.

Is the unit at fault?

(this is the second 2802 I have had with the same problem)

2. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

Are your sources playing when this occurs? If the analog sources are already playing when you turn the receiver on, this could be hte problem. If not, then I don't know, althought no one, and I mean NO ONE has mentioned anything like what you are describing.

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Speakers connected to my Onkyo 575x make a pop w/ analog connections (only when analog sources are on). My sub makes a light pop when I turn it on...seems like a normal amplifier-related function to me.

4. shaun_p

shaun_p Extra

The pop occurs both when the equipment is on and running and when has just been left on standby and not ran at all.

Why would it not pop if when the dvd only is connected via the digital lead?

And why does it only pop the very first time morning or evening that you turn (turning it off and on again results in no pop!)

Thanks for your help guys..........