Is Monster xp speaker wire 12 Gauge?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Todd smith, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

I have Monster xp wire that I have been using with my HT and was wondering what gauge it is? It does not say on the wire itself. The reason I am wondering is I am in a new house and in the process of building the theater and would like to pre wire with 12 gauge wire. If I am going to do it I want to do it right. If the monster xp is not 12 gauge can you recomend some 12 gauge speaker wire that would be a good upgrade to the monster xp, but will not break the bank so to speak. I want to improve over the monster, but I want good bang for the buck. Thanks in advance.

2. Todd smith

I have Monster xp wire that I have been using with my HT and was wondering what gauge it is? It does not say on the wire itself. The reason I am wondering is I am in a new house and in the process of building the theater and would like to pre wire with 12 gauge wire. If I am going to do it I want to do it right. If the monster xp is not 12 gauge can you recomend some 12 gauge speaker wire that would be a good upgrade to the monster xp, but will not break the bank so to speak. I want to improve over the monster, but I want good bang for the buck. Thanks in advance.

3. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

XP is a 16 gauge wire.

4. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

XP is a 16 gauge wire.

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

www.partsexpress.com

A good place to purchase high quality 12G speaker wire if you don't happen to live near a Home Depot

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

www.partsexpress.com

A good place to purchase high quality 12G speaker wire if you don't happen to live near a Home Depot

7. Robert Garrison

Personallu I prefer the Carol brand 12 gauge wire. It's inwall rated and is inexpensive.

8. Todd smith

Is Home Depot 12ga wire sufficient enough?

9. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Home Depot's 12ga is plenty good.

Of course it is always your chocie to spend $5000 on 12ga Nordost speaker wire that will sound exactly the same.