What's new

Is Monster xp speaker wire 12 Gauge? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I have Monster xp wire that I have been using with my HT and was wondering what gauge it is? It does not say on the wire itself. The reason I am wondering is I am in a new house and in the process of building the theater and would like to pre wire with 12 gauge wire. If I am going to do it I want to do it right. If the monster xp is not 12 gauge can you recomend some 12 gauge speaker wire that would be a good upgrade to the monster xp, but will not break the bank so to speak. I want to improve over the monster, but I want good bang for the buck. Thanks in advance.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I have Monster xp wire that I have been using with my HT and was wondering what gauge it is? It does not say on the wire itself. The reason I am wondering is I am in a new house and in the process of building the theater and would like to pre wire with 12 gauge wire. If I am going to do it I want to do it right. If the monster xp is not 12 gauge can you recomend some 12 gauge speaker wire that would be a good upgrade to the monster xp, but will not break the bank so to speak. I want to improve over the monster, but I want good bang for the buck. Thanks in advance.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Home Depot's 12ga is plenty good.

Of course it is always your chocie to spend $5000 on 12ga Nordost speaker wire that will sound exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks