Is Mirage FRx-S15 a good deal @$479.00 - Urgent-

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kendal Kirk, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Kendal Kirk

Kendal Kirk Stunt Coordinator

The subject is my question. It is a brand new boxed unit. I know that Mirage is dicontinuing this model, but I feel that it is a deal that could be a steal.

Any comments . . .

2. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

The new LF-150 is her to replace the FRx12 and 15 at 500.00US. Go to www.miragespeakers.com for info. They give info comparing the FRx10&15 to the new LF-150.
    I was in a similar dilemma and ordered the SVS 25-31PCI.

3. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like a great price,thats over 50% off of the usual sale price,have you or can you audition it? Thats one big piece of hardware,good luck.

4. Kendal Kirk

Kendal Kirk Stunt Coordinator

Well, I went for it. I had often questioned my need for a sub because my mains had a stated low end of 28Hz and moved a large quantity of air. After only seconds, I know that I had made the right move.

I did a few test with U-571, Jurrasic Park, etc. and was astounded with the results. Last night I sat down with my girl to watch 'the Game' with Michael Douglas. During the scene where he first goes into the CRS offices to investigate his gift, Michael and another actor go into a office that is being rebuilt, and you could actually hear the AC air handlers pushing air. It is increadable how a sub can actually provide that extra diminsion to my HT enjoyment.

If anyone is interested, they have 4 more in stock.