What's new

Is MechAssault worth it without XBL? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
MechAssault is great, but I don't think I would buy it if I didn't have XBL, there's just not enough replay value. Go for Tony Hawk.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the MechAssault single player campaign and also enjoy playing the bots in Grinder. Online definitely adds a lot of value. So far as the extra content that will be available on a future Official Xbox Magazine demo disc so don't worry about that. I think it's worth the purchase (but I'm biased in suggesting it as I hate extreme sports games).

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I would rent MechAssault and base your decision on that. The Single Player is fun, but I beat it in like a week. Ever since I have played online and (and even played online mixed with the SP campaign.) Online is truly the only reason I return to that title again and again.

So definitely a rental, if you get absolutely hooked then buy it after that. If not, then enjoy a fun game for the rental period and buy THPS4 ;)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I rented it and was impressed at first, but the damned time limits, which made it necessary for me to restart several levels over and over, combined with the lack of in-game saves, made me finally say the hell with it. Too bad, because the graphics and sound are pretty decent.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Nope. I found the single player element boring and the only reason I played it was to get the other 2 Mechs for Live play.

Todd_B

Second Unit
I would suggest a good rental before throwing the cash at the single player game.

While it is pretty robust for a multi-player title, it just fails in comparison to other single player games.

Todd B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks