What's new

Is MakeMKV the best tool - Noobie Question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigerson

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig Ellis
Hi All,

I have a Noobie Question. I have started the long process of ripping DVD’s & Blu-Rays using MakeMKV to install on a Plex Media Server on a Mac (OS X). But I’m wondering if this is the correct tool for me. Unlike most, I want all the extras, commentaries, deleted scenes, etc. The Blu-ray’s should be 1080P and have HD Sound. Is MakeMKV the right tool for me? Should I use something else or even a different media server? Thanks, one and all, for you advice.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
As long as you don't want to compress the files, that is the best tool.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Make MKV is a great tool, but it does not always convert content 100%. My Criterion 'M' DVD is converted, but I can't do the Blu-Ray of the German version, just the included UK English version...

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Are you sure there isn't a title set you missed? They often put more than one set of the same material if there is branching, or sometimes if there is a play all option.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This topic is not allowed, per HTF rules.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks