What's new

Is LOTR still in a theater? (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the first Lord of the Rings is still in a theater somewhere in the Chicago area? I missed it the first time, but would really like to see it before the second one. I watched it at home, but a movie like that needs to be seen in the theater.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Only our home theater, sorry.

If someone adds a showing, let me know. I'll let you know if I hear of one. I'd love to see it in the theater again too. Especially the Extended Edition. We have a home theater (ceiling-mounted projector and ) but it's just not the same.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
One of the local theaters here (Venezuela) had a one-week additional run of FOTR to coincide with the DVD release back in August. That's the latest I've seen it play anywhere, short of the screenings of the extended cut.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I saw this at a theatre I used to work at which has gone to hell since I left (they offered to take me back last year, but I had to decline as they weren't able to give me medical benefits)- the picture was out of focus at the top and bottom supposedly due to a damaged lens, the sound was only in analog (they've just recently finally upgraded the 2 screens that didn't have digital) AND the ending was ruined as a nice big piece of cue tape was put on the film before the end credits to have the lights come up. I haven't watched this at home, but I'd probably enjoy it a lot more if I did- so much for "needs to be seen in a theater."

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
FOTR has re-appeared in one of the dollar theaters in Orlando, FL. I have not had time to see it, though...

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
It is near the Fashion Square mall on Colonial drive (50), almost across the street from "Best Buy", next to the "Sweet Tomatoes" restaurant. It used to be an Edwards theater, but it seems to have converted to a dollar theater recently.

I've never been there myself, but the sign by the road allegedly had them showing FOTR a few days ago. But I can't guarantee it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No! Say it isn't true! I am leaving for winter break tomorrow and that theater is like 7 minutes from my place. :frowning: :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks