Is LOTR still in a theater?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Varacin, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if the first Lord of the Rings is still in a theater somewhere in the Chicago area? I missed it the first time, but would really like to see it before the second one. I watched it at home, but a movie like that needs to be seen in the theater.

2. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Only our home theater, sorry.

If someone adds a showing, let me know. I'll let you know if I hear of one. I'd love to see it in the theater again too. Especially the Extended Edition. We have a home theater (ceiling-mounted projector and ) but it's just not the same.

3. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

One of the local theaters here (Venezuela) had a one-week additional run of FOTR to coincide with the DVD release back in August. That's the latest I've seen it play anywhere, short of the screenings of the extended cut.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I saw this at a theatre I used to work at which has gone to hell since I left (they offered to take me back last year, but I had to decline as they weren't able to give me medical benefits)- the picture was out of focus at the top and bottom supposedly due to a damaged lens, the sound was only in analog (they've just recently finally upgraded the 2 screens that didn't have digital) AND the ending was ruined as a nice big piece of cue tape was put on the film before the end credits to have the lights come up. I haven't watched this at home, but I'd probably enjoy it a lot more if I did- so much for "needs to be seen in a theater."

5. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

6. Lars_J

Lars_J Stunt Coordinator

FOTR has re-appeared in one of the dollar theaters in Orlando, FL. I have not had time to see it, though...

7. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where, exactly?

8. Lars_J

Lars_J Stunt Coordinator

It is near the Fashion Square mall on Colonial drive (50), almost across the street from "Best Buy", next to the "Sweet Tomatoes" restaurant. It used to be an Edwards theater, but it seems to have converted to a dollar theater recently.

I've never been there myself, but the sign by the road allegedly had them showing FOTR a few days ago. But I can't guarantee it.

9. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

No! Say it isn't true! I am leaving for winter break tomorrow and that theater is like 7 minutes from my place. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I'm heading down there this weekend to check, I'll let you know!