What's new

???is KU better than MU??? (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I know there are alot of kansas and missou members and wanted to get some good "arguments" about weaknesses and strong areas of each team.

Personaly I think KU will sweep MU this year. But the matchup will be great. KU could play MU 4 times this year. 2 in conference, 1 in the Big 12 tourney, and once in the BIG tourney. Its sure gonna be a great year to have a HT!!!!!!!

Rock Chalk!!!

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Aw man, a Jayhawker! :thumbsdown: J/K
I used to be a HUGE Jayhawk fan, until K-State game me a larger scholarship! :D Now I bleed purple!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
A sweep!? That's laughable, but I needed a good one today. Even when they're just average, Mizzou almost always achieved a split, usually by winning in Lawrence. This year, while my brain says another split, my heart says Mizzou will DOMINATE!

We finally have the inside presence we've lacked since Jevon Crudup graduated. Our 6th man, Ricky Paulding, would start for most teams. Clarence Gilbert is finally playing under control, and has been just as valuable, if not more so than Kareem Rush. Stokes is passing well, is proving to be a viable scoring option, though I admit on defense he is still a liability.

But probably the best reason is that we're 9-0 and Kareem still has yet to really have a great game. He doesn't have to be "on" for us to win unlike last year.

Geno

Supporting Actor
Alright, it always seemed as though MU put ALL its effort twoard the KU game and really didnt care about the rest. Now that they are highly ranked, they have to focus on all games with the same intensity. It will be fun to see MU play Iowa and Illinois back to back. Well MU is ranked #2 for a reason and that reasons name is Kareem Rush.

But where MU has Kareem, KU has Gooden, Collison, Hinrich, Simien, Boshee. My main beef with MU [besides the fact that they are always beating KU at home] is Gilbert. Even after getting benched for his greediness with the ball, he still comes out with quotes like the one after the St. Louis game "I told Stokes, once he got the ball, gimme the ball, gimme the ball". KU's steals have doubled since last year and I hope we can capitalise on the fact that Gilbert wants to have the ball so much. His shooting may be impressive, but how well can he control the ball with THE WARDEN in his face???

Geno

Supporting Actor
I laughed when I heard Gilbert got only 4 points. I think his ego really got to him and he just pushed it too much. Sorry MU lost [psych] but hell KU lost to who? a nobody! so well just have to see how this plays out!!!!

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Man, my computer crashes for a few days and I miss all the good stuff.
Hmmm.... KU and Mizzou, now there's one interesting matchup. I'm not entirely sure that a more intense rivalry exists in college ball. These two teams always come to play when facing each other.
As a die hard KU fan I despise Mizzou, but I have to admit they have a great team this year. I'm not sure they were deserving of the 2/3 ranking that they had going into the Iowa game though. Sorry Brook, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad they lost.:)
As far as the upcoming games between them, I have to give the edge to KU. It seems as though KU tends to get rattled when they play in Columbia, but I don't think that will happen this year. They have a lot of great leadership in Gooden, Collison and Hinrich, and they present some serious matchup problems. Especially if Roy decides to play the big three at the same time. All in all I really like KU's chances against them this year. I just hope that when the smoke clears the 'Hawks come out on top.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Ego really had nothing to do with it. He was just ice cold. He had open looks because they were triple teaming Rush, but he couldn't knock anything down.

Geno

Supporting Actor
Sad to see MU go down like that! I would have been happy if MU's losses this year only came from KU. I do think MU is good [just not as good as KU]. I am surprised to see that there are not alot of MU fans out there. Or are you hiding in shame?

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Hiding in shame. Gilbert couldn't beat me in a game of Horse right now. Rush is less impressive with each start. I've yet to see him take over a game and dominate like Frank Williams or even our past stars like Keyon Dooling and Anthony Peeler. Rush is just content to sit back and jack 3's. No mental toughness on this team.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks