Is Klipsch quintet 5 speakers for 325 a good deal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Fineberg, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

I can pick this sytem up for 325 and I was wondring if they were worth it? I have a moderate size room and I am currently looking at JBL nsp1, take5.2, and now these any feednback would be great. i wil be running them with a denon 3801.

2. John B. Holbrook

That's not a bad deal - I got the same set up about a month ago for 300 delivered which I thought was a _great_ deal (from hififorless.com - was a special so I'm not sure if they'd still sell at that price).
    I also have a moderate sized room - I upgraded from a Bose cube set up and have been extremely pleased. Incidently, I also HIGHLY recommend the Klipsch KSW-12 or even the KSW-10 as a matching sub - I got the 12 for 289 from hififorless.com as well. It's no SVS, but a great sub nonetheless at a fantastic price.
    Best,
    ------------------
    John Holbrook
    MY DVD Collection

3. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

well, thanks for the recommendations but I already have the sony sawm-40 which I am very pleased with. i heard the center channel of the klipshc is iffy any thoughts?

4. Pete Calderwood

I'd definitely go with the Energy speakers over the Klipsch.

5. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Brian, based on my various speaker comparisons and research, I recommend the JBL NSP1's. JBL successful design for the NSP1's is well documented by measurements and listening**.
    But like all other recommendations, you need to audition the speakers on your list.
    ** Floyd E. Toole, Ph.D. wrote the following in his White Paper http://www.harman.com/wp/index.jsp?articleId=64
    [Edited last by Phil Iturralde on July 16, 2001 at 11:53 PM]