Is Klipsch bringing out a Reference subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronNWilson, Aug 7, 2001.

1. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

They don't match the KSW woofers with the reference speakers on their site. Does this mean a reference sub is on the way?
    Aaron

2. Jordan Jensen

Yes. They will be out in September as "RSW". From what I can gather from the website, they should be nice. A little info. on them over there and a picture in the photo gallery.

3. Ken Leggatt

Ken Leggatt Stunt Coordinator

Someone over at the Klipsch site I believe was claiming that their RSW-15 will put out as much clean volume as 2 or 3 Velodyne HGS-18s. We will have to see though. I can't wait to see them in person.

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Yes, figure another 6 weeks or so for the RSW series...10s,12s,and 15s I believe.
    Smaller, high power,PRs...should be nice.
    I wouldn't guess one of them to match multiple HGS18s though...a lot of that stuff gets started when you have 8 different people passing along some hint of *inside* info someone supposedly had.
    TV

5. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

Yeah I hope they are really nice, and that they bring them out in more colour choices than just black which they use for the KSW subwoofers. I have been saving up for a servo 15 in cherry maple but I will have to wait and see how the reference subwoofers turn out. I may even buy one unheard [​IMG].
    Aaron
    [Edited last by AaronNWilson on August 10, 2001 at 06:34 PM]

6. Jordan Jensen

The RSW series will be available in the same finishes that the rest of the reference spekers are(at least the 15 anyway). And, get this, the RSW-15(maybe the 10&12 also, don't know) will have NOT ONE but TWO Cerametallic drivers. Exciting, eh?

7. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I think all the rsw's use single drivers...but the bigger one use dual PRs.
    TV