What's new

Is Jumping Jack Flash Coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
As the header says is there any release date for Jumping Jack Flash with Whoopie Goldberg for DVD?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I love this movie and would get it in a heartbeat. Would be great to get a yack track from Penny Marshall on it.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Fox have just announced it for the 1st June priced at around $14.98. Both widescreen and full screen releases will be included, although only trailers will be included extras wise. Artwork is over on our site.

Aaron_H

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
Yeah! Finally! I've been waiting for this one for a while.

I really wish they were some special features, but at least we're getting an anamorphic widescreen transfer.

Took a look at the coverart at DVDAnswers.com--I don't really care for it though.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
that cover is ugly - damn Whoopi this is cold blooded what
FOX is doing to the release of this movie, they must what people to not buy it - I don't want to - give me the original cover art or something classy but not this mess

:thumbsdown:

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I will probably buy it and thanks for releasing it.

Wish the cover art was the original, loved that cover. Ah well.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The cover art be damned. The real issue is whether they did a nice job with the disc. And the answer is: Yes!

This is one of my wife's pet favorites, and I've been under orders to be on the lookout for its release. She's very happy with Fox's treatment of this title, which, after all, is not exactly a high-profile item in the catalogue, despite the pedigree (directed by Penny Marshall, co-written by David Franzoni, shot by Matthew Leonetti, edited by Mark Goldblatt).

Goldberg still had the freshness and energy that she brought to the live performances that got her started. The plot's absurd, but it is a comedy. Time has added a few uncomfortable elements, notably the opening shot featuring the WTC Twin Towers and the Lady Di lookalike who staffs the reception desk at the British consulate. But a lot of the film is still quite funny. (I used to think the Diana Ross routine was over the top, but now it's one of my favorites.)

M.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
(I used to think the Diana Ross routine was over the top, but now it's one of my favorites.)
I thought under that wig Whoopi was supposed to resemble Tina Turner.

BTW, I still think the cover is in bad taste. I hope the matted widescreen transfer is free from framing issues.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
I never saw this in a theater, but I didn't notice any obvious framing problems
Neither did I, in 1986, I was what about four :D
This initial DVD release to my knowledge is the first time ever this picture has been available in widescreen

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks