What's new

Is it X-Men 2 or X2? (1 Viewer)

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Not as bad as the craze for 2s with the bad entries of Cradle 2 the Grave and 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I hope Singer doesn't fool around with the DVDs this time. He said on 1.5 that he doesn't like releasing multiple versions.

I waited, when did Xmen come out, well, a long time for the better rumored version, don't want to do that again.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Here's an interview with Hugh Jackman that features new clips from X2.

More interviews, more clips from E!. (RealPlayer format, this one features new clips of Wolverine vs. Deathstrike)
-notice that E! was also calling it 'X-Men United'

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Promotion is a combination of X2 and X Men 2. The actual opening title displayed at the beginning of the movie is 'X2', and a very good movie it is too. ;)

Dan

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
I always thought that it was X-squared, or X-to-the-power-of-two :D Twice the action, double the fun, and more X-Men and mutants.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming you haven't seen Vin Diesel in an acting role because he's actually pretty good, better than more than half the actors out there.

But this is extremely off topic.

So anyone know how long the movie is supposed to be?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Morgan,

It's roughly 2hrs and 15 mins. The length is just fine, it feels its length but not in a bad way.

Dan

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Good to see you back around these parts, Dan.

Did you enjoy it more than the first one? I liked the first X-Men quite a bit, but to me everything seemed to happen far to quick, a longer running time and less introductions should hopefully get in a lot of story.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Nick,

I really just wanted to stop by in my free time and set out some facts and just voice my thoughts briefly because there is still a lot of missinformation being thrown about.

In many ways it's as good as a sequel to a big budget summer movie can come. It's still very much Wolverine's story and it's frankly pointless anyone seeing the sequel without having seen the first since the events essentialy pick up right where the action left off.

In true testement to John Ottman's skills as an editor the sequel is saved from being a structural mess. Characters established last time round grow further, and the sequel gradualy brings Bobby/Iceman in as one of the majors. On top of all that you have Pyro, Nightcrawler, Deathstrike and Brian Cox's Stryker (and if you're counting, a very neat Colossus cameo) and its clear to see how the film really could have been all over the place.

I loved the first film, far more than I ever expected to, but the sequel takes things to another level yet knows how far is too far and restrains itself from going over the top, outstaying its welcome and throwing everything into the one pot.

It's a violent film though, once I feel must push the limits of the PG 13 rating (and in England, 12a). Logan might as well have just stabbed anything that moves, he's really rather ruthless with the claws this time round and there's a lot of cuts, swipes and blood in the heavy hand to hand combat seen in the movie. A lot of gunplay too, and violence toward children during the attack on the school (which really is very well staged it must be said)...

I know a lot of people hated Michael Kamen's score from the last film, but I have to admit I didn't (I was actually very fond of it). Ottman's score is very pleasing in its own right but if anyone is expecting a big bombastic score they can forget it. In listening to both X Men scores it is clear what Singer wanted musicaly, and whilst there are differences, none so huge as say, going from Elfman's Batman to Goldenthal's.

The orchestra he put together is big, you feel the scale of it, and there is some superb choir work in the music too. He does have a theme, a good one too, but he is wise never to overuse it and strike it up everytime one of the X Men does something. In fact, the most blatant renditions of Ottman's X-Men theme you will hear are in the opening and closing titles. There are some really very charming and beautiful cues during a number of scenes I would not dare spoil and love the score as I did I can still see people being upset with it.

I found the whole film a rare treat frankly.

All the best,

Dan

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Damn, sounds like Singer knocked this one out of the park. Hurry up May 2nd, please. Less then two weeks to go...

MatS

Screenwriter
The score on Trauma records should be out right around the release of the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks