is it worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ronneil Camara, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Ronneil Camara

Ronneil Camara Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,

Right now, I only have paradigm Atoms for left and right, and svs 20-39 Pci. I went to Tweeter today and saw this Mirage Omnisat satellite speakers. Is it worth replacing my atoms with this omnisats for fronts, rears and centers?

Thanks.

Neil

2. Ronneil Camara

Hey guys,

Right now, I only have paradigm Atoms for left and right, and svs 20-39 Pci. I went to Tweeter today and saw this Mirage Omnisat satellite speakers. Is it worth replacing my atoms with this omnisats for fronts, rears and centers?

Thanks.

Neil

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

I'd say no. You're moving down from large speakers to satellites, and you're going to lose sonics based on the smaller enclosure (less bass response, not so good. You'd have to rely on your sub for midbass, which increases localization, etc...). Sure, pick up a pair for the surrounds, they'll probably work well for that, but I'd get the CC170 to go with your Atoms for sure.

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

I'd say no. You're moving down from large speakers to satellites, and you're going to lose sonics based on the smaller enclosure (less bass response, not so good. You'd have to rely on your sub for midbass, which increases localization, etc...). Sure, pick up a pair for the surrounds, they'll probably work well for that, but I'd get the CC170 to go with your Atoms for sure.

5. Ronneil Camara

Hi Drew,

Actually, there is a used OS-1 black and white OmniSat for sale at Tweeter at around $175. Are you saying that this speaker are nice for surrounds?

Thanks.

6. Ronneil Camara

Hi Drew,

Actually, there is a used OS-1 black and white OmniSat for sale at Tweeter at around $175. Are you saying that this speaker are nice for surrounds?

Thanks.