What's new

Is it worth fixing? (1 Viewer)

Lewis

Agent
I have a 14 year old Luxman intergrated amp. After the amp has been on for a while either the left or right channel becomes noisy. All most a static type of sound. Is it worth bringing to a repair shop for an estimate. I don't even think they could get parts anymore. Anyone know a good repair shop in northern NJ.

Thanks

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
At this stage of the game, it may not be worth fixing. Even if you use it for critical listening in 2 channel stereo. You probably can find parts for that, but depending on what's needed it may cost you as much as half of a good new amp. However, I just called Stereo Exchange for you and they do repair Luxman intergrated amps. There is two ways it can go, if they have the part then o.k. but if not then it may require a rebuild which would be costly according to the rep. Give em a call with the model number, 212-505-1111 and select service.

Lewis

Agent
Thanks, for the information. I called one place in the city and he did not think it was worth it. I searched the web and found a place in CT that fixes Luxman. If its under 125. they do the repair and over they will call you. Some parts they can get. I am going to call Stereo Exchange. I am going to buy a new reciever (Denon 2802/3802) but wanted to wait until we buy a house. The Luxman I was going to use in the basement or bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks