What's new

Is it time to upgrade??? (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Have a Technics SA-DX950. Been a good little receiver, however, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of sound........am I?

Steve

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I didn't find ut to much about this one on a search. Looks like a decent unit.

Seems it should be good enough to satisfy most.

Are music and ht both dissapointing with it?

Elaborate some please.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose much of my "disappointment" stems from all the hoopla about the Pioneer 1014!!

For what I'm doing, I suppose the Technics is still doing a good job for me. I use it primarily for home theater down in my basement (basement is finished). Room I have it in is pretty small, so having a lot of power really isn't necessary.

I'm using your basic Fluance 3 way speakers for the fronts, a Bic 62 (can't remember the model number......one of their better center channel speakers, anyway), small Advent surrounds, and a Jensen 12" subwoofer. The Jensen will be swapped out after I get my 12" Dayton DVC with a 250 watt parts express plate amp up and running.

I guess the only thing about the receiver is that I just don't think it has enough power. But I suppose I should wait and see how the system sounds once I get the new sub going.

Guess I just wanted to "vent" and kinda dream about the Pioneer.

Steve

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. Well, I find that most people that are not so happy and think they need all these upgrade. Once you give em a better sub, bingo, the system always seems to perform more up to their expectations. Really looks like a decent older piece of equipment. But, hey, upgrading to a 1014 could never be a bad choice either you know.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
You're probably right on the "throwing out the old sub and replacing it with a kicka$$ one"........

It's just so easy to get caught up in the 1014 craziness!! :D

Thanks a lot.

Steve

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
AV-F3.........nice little 3 way tower speakers. I like them. But, if I hooked them up to my Yamaha M-80 upstairs, I don't think they'd last very long!! ;)

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks