Is it time to upgrade to something new? many???s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Asher, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Todd Asher

Todd Asher Auditioning

Hey folks,
    I have a Mitsubishi VS-6061 60 inch Rear Projection that has served me well for several (5+) years. It is finally wearing out, thanks in no small part to my cat. [​IMG]
    My current setup: http://home.mn.rr.com/rayzorfist/HT.html
    I saw a Mitsu at 73" that was pretty similar in size vertically.
    Are there any other RPTVs that have a screen that size?
    My viewing habits: DVDs and a fair amount of television (love that food network!).
    Considering the cost of that Mitsu (upwards of $8000) is it time to consider front projection?
    I am looking to improve picture quality - most TVs now have better quality because of internal line doublers. Digital (HDTV) is secondary but in the equation.
    Yes, the setup is in my basement and it has a 7' ceiling. Will that make a difference in considering FP? - don't ask how I got the current TV down the stairs. [​IMG]
    Any advice or opinions will be helpful.
    Todd

2. Paul S Gregory

Just want to know what your cat did.

3. Todd Asher

Todd Asher Auditioning

He marked his territory by spraying and it got in the vent holes in the back and shorted out the main board and corroded several others.

I had the main board replaced a year ago but now the other boards are giving out.

4. Paul S Gregory

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Tom Luczywo

Tom Luczywo Auditioning

Mitsubishi RPTV in the Diamond Series is an excellent choice, especially for you, because the 65" and the 73" can be dis-assembled to move into tight spaces. Very nice TV with a great menu system and is very in tune with future technologies.........check more into it and you'll see what I mean. www.mitsubishitv.com
    As far as rear projection, check out Sharp's new XV-Z900U. If you have it in your budget, this is a $10,000.00 DLP with the new 16:9 chip. This is one phenominal projector for the money, and has a nice internal scaler as well. It has 1280x720 resolution and is Hi-Def capable. Check it out at www.sharpelectronics.com. Also: Sharp's new XV-Z7000U is half the price and is a nice LCD projector for the money.