Is it time to talk about coronavirus?

TJPC

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Ontario closed in stages. At first Liquor stores and Pot dispensaries were declared part of essential services. (Recreational pot is legal in Canada.). The liquor stores were kept open for reasons sited above. It was pointed out that pot is not addictive. In the latest round of restrictions, pot stores were closed and all purchased must be done by mail.

Walter Kittel

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Ontario closed in stages. At first Liquor stores and Pot dispensaries were declared part of essential services. (Recreational pot is legal in Canada.). The liquor stores were kept open for reasons sited above. It was pointed out that pot is not addictive. In the latest round of restrictions, pot stores were closed and all purchased must be done by mail.
I know people who would differ with that statement. :mellow: :D

- Walter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tino

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
That didn't stop other states, like Pennsylvania, from shutting them down. Now the border counties in Ohio and West Virginia are refusing to sell to PA residents who are crossing the border to try and buy booze.
Pennsylvania liquor stores were reopened for online sales after about two weeks. I guess that doesn't help the technophobic alcoholic though.

John Dirk

Cinematographer
Premium
Real Name
JOHN

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Pennsylvania liquor stores were reopened for online sales after about two weeks. I guess that doesn't help the technophobic alcoholic though.
Wow- I didn’t hear that. I guess online sales are better than nothing, even though I disagree with the Governor shutting down walk-in sales.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So much for the theory that you are immune once you recover. :(
I wouldn't sound the alarm just yet:

Officials are still investigating the cause of the apparent relapses. But Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), has said the virus may have been reactivated rather than the patients being re-infected.

Other experts said faulty tests may be playing a role, or remnants of the virus may still be in patients’ systems but not be infectious or of danger to the host or others.

Todd Erwin

Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I am from PA, and from my understanding, along with multiple attempts, it is nearly impossible to access the online store.

There have been articles in the local newspapers about this.

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylva...ing-6-5-million-a-day-considers-online-sales/
PA's control on liquor stores is baffling. When I lived there from 1975-1986, there were several attempts to turn the State run stores over to independent operators and lots of reports of severe corruption in the department. I remember my parents being shocked when we first moved there from California and not being able to purchase any alcoholic beverages at the supermarket (commonplace in CA), and even more baffled at having to go to a Beer Distributor for beer (which was only sold by the case) and the State Liquor Store for wine and spirits. At least you could purchase bulk-sized snacks like pretzels and chips at the Beer Distributor. Of course, when we moved back to California in 1986, my friends were baffled when they came out to visit that you only had to go to one place (the supermarket) for beer, wine, and spirits.

What was completely laughable was Pennsylvania's attempt to sell liquor out of a vending machine placed inside grocery stores.

Last edited:

SamT

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So they say put on masks but how if they don't provide it, or if you can't buy it.

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
The CDC has a document out telling how to make masks. Some of the methods are only as complicated as cutting up an old T-shirt.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
Thank goodness there are finally good instructions that don't require a sewing machine. As a single GenX'er living in Los Angeles...I'm like "no one I know in my circle of friends has a sewing machine..." :laugh:

Luckily I just did laundry yesterday and there is a particularly hole-y (as opposed to holy) white undershirt that is just begging to be turned into a mask...

Reactions: ManW_TheUncool

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123