What's new

Is it time to talk about coronavirus? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We have a group of guys who rent the house beside us. No repairs are being done to the property at all, and the landlord appears to be letting it run into the ground. I have had to call the city over the amount of junk in the front yard and waist high grass. We are at home of course and can see what is going on there through our bay window, in far more detail than usual a la Mrs. Kravitz.

We are all supposed to be observing social distancing. Today we saw the following:
1) At least four cars and two large vans constantly coming and going in and out of the driveway
2) A group of guys pull up in a car. People in the house walk up to their doors — hand shakes all around.
3) A girl arrive and after a few minutes at the door, go in.
4) A few minutes later one of the men and the girl are seen walking hand in hand. They cross the street to get to and stand at the bus stop, while hugging etc.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Isn’t that essentially or literally what the gvnr of Texas said, or one of the governors?

It's hard to keep track of what monster said what monstrous thing yesterday let alone a few weeks ago but the horrific idea of "Old people will have to die so their grandchildren don't have to live with a bad economy" was definitely said by people on national TV. No doubt people that selfish more specifically meant that other people's parents or grandparents will have to die and not theirs.

This is why we need to keep POLITICS out of HTF.

People need to take the time to look up the actual quote and see who said what.
  • It was the Lt. Governor of Texas, not the Governor
  • Calling people monsters during this pandemic does not help. He has a different viewpoint, but he spoke about himself and his belief.
  • Please everyone, take the time to do research before posting and spreading information that may be factually incorrect or biased
I would also ask that you don't arbitrarily make a judgement about my ideology or beliefs just because I am posting this. Thank you, and please let's all keep politics and heresay out of this wonderful forum.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is why we need to keep POLITICS out of HTF.

People need to take the time to look up the actual quote and see who said what.
  • It was the Lt. Governor of Texas, not the Governor
  • Calling people monsters during this pandemic does not help. He has a different viewpoint, but he spoke about himself and his belief.
  • Please everyone, take the time to do research before posting and spreading information that may be factually incorrect or biased
I would also ask that you don't arbitrarily make a judgement about my ideology or beliefs just because I am posting this. Thank you, and please let's all keep politics and heresay out of this wonderful forum.
Politics had nothing to do with my post. Anyone, regardless of their political affiliation, who advocates for the death of potentially tens or even hundreds of thousands of elderly people is a monster in my book. That is not even a remotely controversial or political statement.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Politics had nothing to do with my post. Anyone, regardless of their political affiliation, who advocates for the death of potentially tens or even hundreds of thousands of elderly people is a monster in my book.

I'm going to have to agree with Rodney that you should look back at what he actually said, or at least learn the man's name, before calling the man a monster for the last 3 pages.

He did not advocate for anything that would cause the "death of potentially tens or even hundreds of thousands of elderly people."

He was talking about personal decisions individuals could choose to make for themselves. When it came time to implement actual policy for all, he helped put into place the exact one you have been advocating for.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I heard a man say it could help the economy.

I can only clarify his stance again - there is a HUGE difference between saying people could choose to make that decision of their own will to help the economy, and being forced to do it under official government policy.

The difference to me is a politician saying citizens should join the Army to fight for their country vs. actually implementing a draft where you are forced to.

Sweden has actually chosen to take that monstrous alternative route. Texas has not.

When it came time for them to actually implement policy, they have taken the exact route you guys want them to take. I just saw the man on TV reiterating to everyone to stay home.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to have to agree with Rodney that you should take the smallest effort to look back at what he actually said, or at least learn the man's name, before calling the man a monster for the last 3 pages.
I don't know what the Lieutenant Governor of Texas apparently said so I specifically did not mention him. However, I have heard people advocate to go back to work while acknowledging but not caring that it would literally kill people to do so. I don't know or particularly care if they hold a position in a government or if they're just a talking head being controversial so they can get more time on the air but whatever the reason, I find it to be a monstrous thing to say.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Sweden is starting to take their heads out of the sand (took ‘em long enough). Why one place after another (of all political stripes) has neglected to take the right steps early on when they have horrendous examples of what can happen based on neighboring countries/states is a question that begs to be answered (and not by “you can’t cure stupid” that shows up in far too many newspaper column comments). Two week lag and exponential growth is a recipe for dire results when mixed with magical thinking.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I don't know what the Lieutenant Governor of Texas apparently said so I specifically did not mention him. However, I have heard people advocate to go back to work while acknowledging but not caring that it would literally kill people to do so. I don't know or particularly care if they hold a position in a government or if they're just a talking head being controversial so they can get more time on the air but whatever the reason, I find it to be a monstrous thing to say.

Fair enough. Time to move on... :cheers:

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
B6948725-2CC1-4302-9138-398D1FD0A0A8.jpeg

If it wasn’t on tv we never would have known anything about it.
I don’t doubt there are people not on tv saying the same thing.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
We have all made our points enough already, Tony. Again, let's move on...

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
We have examples from the 1918 flu pandemic of places where they took the right steps early recovering economically more quickly than those that didn’t. Of course it’s a different world now and with today’s ease of travel, we could all recover at nearly the same economic rate (just a question of how deep the hole is for all of us).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
He said it. I posted the video.
That’s it.
Move on from what exactly.

This isnt a political thing this is a person suggesting that it’s okay if my father who is 79 and my mother who is 76 die from this virus.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, it looks like cleanup on aisle 4 for this thread.:) Please, stop it! The next person that doesn't heed our warnings to move on will be banned from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks