Is it time to talk about coronavirus?

Tino

Film Editor
Premium
Real Name
Valentino
I’m still firmly in the camp that says things will never go back to normal (pre Covid).

We are a different species now than we were over 100 years ago so comparing human behavior now as opposed to after the Spanish Flu then is imo not comparable.

Reactions: The Drifter

Mark Booth

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Mark, I’m not sure why the quote in your post is showing with my name - I think that’s Drifter’s comment you’ve cited.
Wow, that's weird. I clicked reply to Drifter's comment, removed part of his message in the quote, and typed my response. I never changed or edited the top line of the quote (the part that attributes the quote). Weird.

Mark

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, the sanitizer should just be if you're somewhere you can't easily wash your hands.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Which brings up an interesting question, how many times are you washing your hands a day versus pre-Covid 19? I'm washing my hands at least 14-18 times a day not counting the times I shower or wash dishes. I've about doubled the amount of times I washed my hands since this pandemic.

Reactions: PMF and Tino

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Which brings up an interesting question, how many times are you washing your hands a day versus pre-Covid 19? I'm washing my hands at least 14-18 times a day not counting the times I shower or wash dishes. I've about doubled the amount of times I washed my hands since this pandemic.

A heck of a lot more.

I'm more a bathroom hands washer more than anything else.

Anytime I touch mail or a parcel I wash my hands afterward.

Just got into home grocery delivery and will be wiping down products as well.

Reactions: B-ROLL and PMF

Mike2001

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I haven’t been counting, but I used to wash my hands after using the bathroom and before eating. Now I also wash my hands every time I touch something from outside the house, plus now and again for the heck of it.

Reactions: PMF

Bryan^H

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling when all is said and done a whole population of people are going to be "converted" to baby wipes> toilet paper.

TJPC

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Just don’t flush them!

We are only leaving the house once a week for drugs and groceries. We wash our hands multiple times then. Mine are very dry with cracks over every other knuckle.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I wash my hands with a fair regularity normally but since I rarely leave my house now, I don't wash my hands that much more than usual. When I come back home from the grocery store, I do wash them twice though and then again after I toss the bags.

Now I'm worried that I'm not washing enough. Thanks, guys. :)

Reactions: ManW_TheUncool

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think I was already at maximum hand wash awareness and frequency because of the twins - when they came home from the hospital each one needed at least eight diaper changes per day, so sixteen diapers at minimum, sixteen hand washes for that. Each ate eight times a day, so sixteen bottles and sixteen hand washes before each feeding and then after. Plus whenever you pick them up at any random time.

We’re down to about six changes and feedings for each little guy so a few less hand washes now.

Basically we’re not leaving the apartment and everything that comes in here gets cleaned so I’m not worrying about hand washing too much extra. But I definitely make a point of doing an extra good scrub after picking up the mail or bringing out the trash, anytime I’m in a building common area.

Yeah, my hands are raw and hate me.

SamT

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't wash my hands more than before when I'm inside the house. Only longer when I enter the house.

The more interesting thing is, what do you do when you are outside? That's a lot more complicated. It's so complicated that I think it's by chance if you get it or not. You can't control the environment as much as you might think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malcolm R

John Dirk

Cinematographer
Premium
Real Name
JOHN
Our rules are simple. If we venture outdoors, even to check the mail, we wash our hands. If we leave home, even for a walk, we wash our hands and face. Anyone entering our home is asked to either wash or use the hand sanitizer [made my own] positioned conveniently near the front door.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have a couple that I've carried around for years in my luggage for travel, in case I'm near someone on a plane that's obviously sick. But I haven't resorted to using them yet.

I'm not sure who is buying them all in the stores, as I haven't really seen many people using them around here. Even traveling home about 10 days ago, there were very few people with masks in airports or on planes.

SamT

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Question, why they merge virus and the name into one word?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
July