Is it time to talk about coronavirus?

John Dirk

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
JOHN
Certainly, no one *wants* to be tested with an unpleasant “probe your brain” process. And there’s 25% of the general population that tell pollsters they believe Bill Gates is putting nano-trackers in vaccines. But polls keep showing that the great majority of people are in favor of testing, masks, stay at home, caution. And NYC and Indiana and Washington and other places show that people are willing participants in random-sample studies of infections.
LOL - The Bill Gates of old most certainly would have but Bill version 10 [or whatever revision he's currently at] seems to be more or less benevolent.

Regarding testing, this is one of those situations where I would absolutely love to be wrong.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
Admittedly I turned the TV off to play some guitar and then play some Destiny 2...but as I switched off the TV, CNN announced that after the commercial, the story they were moving to was "studies show there is a 50/50 chance that the person you're arguing about the coronavirus on the internet...is a bot!"

So, which one of you are bots? :D
Hell, the way things have been going, I wish I was a bot. :laugh:

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
Latest numbers from New York State:
Coronavirus_NewYorkState_20200523.png

(earlier dates available here)

23,282 confirmed fatalities -- 84 of which occurred just yesterday. Yesterday was also the first day in nearly two months that New York State had less than a hundred confirmed deaths from COVID-19.

In other news, the Mid-Hudson region, which was the hardest hit area of the state initially, only needs to meet one more criteria to begin reopening:
Coronavirus_NewYorkState_20200522_RegionalMap.png

Wayne_j

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Wayne
Also NY is back to having a triple digit death increase. I think NY might be bouncing between double and triple digit increases for the next few days.

• Agreed
Reactions: Adam Lenhardt

RMajidi

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ramin
Front page of this morning's New York Times:
View attachment 73075
I found this token gesture by the NY Times moving, profound as well as deeply disturbing.

I applaud their effort to attempt to convey a sense of the massive volume of lost life as well as the preciousness of each individual lost to this thing.

It took four pages to memorialise 1000 victims, with the briefest of one-liners accompanying each... and that represented only 1% of the US toll.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derpok