What's new

Is it safe to put audio rack next to TV/speakers? (1 Viewer)

Je-P

Stunt Coordinator
The subject says all. I plan on getting a 4-6 shelf component rack and was wondering if it's safe to put it next to the TV or the front speakers.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
It depends on the tv set, rear projection tv's are ok with that, the guns are mounted in the bottom center part of the set, some of your crt type tv's might have a problem with a speaker you get to close to the tv, i'm sure someone have give you more info than this
good luck
Mark

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have my audio rack placed next to our RPTV, with the right front speaker in front of the rack. No heat or electrical/magnetic interference problems here.

One concern may be if your equipment has a lot of bright lights that cannot be turned off and you like to watch movies in the dark. The lights can be distracting and actually glare on the TV screen. I had to place black electrical tape over the very bright lights of my Monster Power conditioner, since they cannot be shut off or dimmed. Also, my previous receiver (Sony 50ES) did not allow for its LCD display to be dimmed or shut off. Fortunately, my current receiver provides this option.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes LED's enough to put electric tape over them. I don't know what some of these manufacturers are thinking. My Panamax and BFD both have way too many overbright LED's on them, and the blue PVR LED on my Ultimate TV is just ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks