Is it safe to buy Fluance from this guy?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Eric_Nathan, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

There's a seller on Ebay who says he is an authorized Fluance dealer. Anyone heard of his store Oakville Sound Advice? He is selling the same AV-HTB set for $20 cheaper than Fluance is, when you factor in shipping.

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I would like your opinion on this. I know he has near flawless feedback, but I a always a little weary when doing things on Ebay.

2. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Ive heard people who bought from them before. However, if you search hard enough on this forum you may find some threads regarding warranty issues. Someone had troubles getting their warranty honored after purchasing from them. Ive bought from Fluance and Id say for the extra $20 go straight to Fluance. Their service is very good as well. Any reason in particular your going for the av-htb.

3. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

The $20 would be worth it to me.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I was a Fluance dealer briefly before shuttering my store. There should be zero difference in warranty service or procedure between buying direct and buying from an authorised dealer. I think I was their very first dealer and the dealer program was brand new, so the entire company might not be "in tune" with the fact that there are actually dealers for the brand out there now.

$20 is about the most you can expect to save though! There's very little money in it for the dealer.

5. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

Some reasons:

1. The outstanding and consistant reviews. (I honestly have not heard a single negative thing on these).

2. Price (Can't beat $199 for 5 quality speakers period).

3. I listen to a lot of classical music, I've heard these are amazing for that.

4. Color (I know, silly reason, but I need black for my room)

I also need my fronts to be floor standing.

I can't say I've heard them with my own ears, but who has? Just about everyone who buys these goes by word of mouth and positive reviews on these boards, and that's what I am doing.

You have any other suggestions? Maybe there's another comparable set that fits my needs.

6. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

No. Im just a satisfied Fluance buyer and like to see what and why people who buy from them do. I think either way you go you'll be very happy with your purchase. I ordered the SX-HTB back in March of 04. They Were back ordered about 2 months, I was really upset. Then they called and offered to send me 2 sv-6's 2 SV-10's and the AVSC for the 260 that the SX-HTB cost. I Jumped all over that! I haven't heard the AV-HTB but im sure its performance well exceeds its price like the rest of their products.

Mikey, I know you also have the Pioneer 1014, Are you running a Fluance set up? Did you get your E250?

7. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

8. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

The guy from oakville posts here under the name azeem, or something like that. Im sure if this thread stays alive long enough he will chime in.
    I wouldnt have a problem ordering from him.

9. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

No, I wound up with JBL Northridge series E80 mains, EC35 center, E10 surrounds, N24 rear surrounds, Dayton 10" (will be setting up my BFD in a week or 2 for it-just got the Dayton today) and the 1014.

VERY happy so far.

10. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Oh yea youre not the one who got the e250. My bad, that was someone else in one of your threads.

Nathan if you have any questions about the Fluance speakers I have feel free to ask!!

11. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

Thanks Ryan, much appreciated.

12. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, oakville sound advice is run by a member here on the forum

13. AzeemE

AzeemE Auditioning

Hey Ryan,
    Can you help me find that thread? I've very rarely had to deal with warranty issues (I can count the number of times on one hand), so I'm a little surprised to hear about any troubles any of my customers would have had with warranty. I'd appreciate if you could find the thread for me, I'll continue to look as well.

14. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Sorry it was on the avs forum. Here..

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=oakville

This isnt about the warranty I cant remember where I read that. Also one should note that in this particular scenario it seems the problem may have been resolved.

I wish I could find the link to help you out but I cant remember where it was.