Is it possibly to hook up an EQ to an AVR 125?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RodNoble, Nov 9, 2002.

1. RodNoble

RodNoble Agent

I have an EQ but it doesnt seem that this reciver has a way of hooking it up.. please let me know.

2. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

For 2ch listening you could probably use one of the tape loops. Record out on the receiver, to the source input on the eq, then take the eq out into the tape monitor in. Choose the source and then choose tape monitor. That SHOULD work.

-rob

3. RodNoble

RodNoble Agent

will that work with any of the sources? I dont really understand how that works.. could you expand on that.

4. Laurence_C

Laurence_C Stunt Coordinator

Laurence
    Rod, I'm not familiar with the HK AVR-125, does it have a "tape monitor loop" or a "pre-out/main-in loop"??? If so then you can use your EQ for the front channels. It will work for any of the sources. With the tape monitor loop, it has to be on, while selecting other sources, and if you have a cassette deck it gets connected to the EQ's tape input. As for the pre-out/main-in loop, the EQ just has to connected accordingly in that loop and selecting your sources is the same.

5. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

You listen through the tape monitor input. Usually the record source is the last source that was selected before the tape monitor. So select your source then hit tape monitor.

I am pretty sure you dont have "main in" inputs. They would surely make this a bit easier. Still, using the tape monitor is not difficult at all.

-rob