What's new

Is it possible to outlaw spam? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
While it's possible to block most of it, it's tough to get rid of the ever annoying Chinese Spammers that can't be blocked via email rules, or a blocked senders list. I just checked out my BS list ,and found out I had around 300 on there!

Surley law makers must get these spam messages as well. Some more illegal than others, isn't there any way to stop spam for good?

The only way I can think of, is set up a sort of "Americas Most Wanted", for Spam Senders. People tracking down these morons, from various degrees of crimes in sending the emails, and getting in tips from people watching the show. Perhaps even offering rewards to help get in tips. To make sure these morons don't start up again once caught, give them two years jail time, or an outrageous fine as a deterent. Say, $500,000, or twice what they make sending out the Spam in the first place. Punishment would vary depending on the degree of and nature of the spam.

For instance, anyone remember that newsletter you received a few years ago? I forget the companies name, but it took a few annoying minutes to download on an analog modem, came two or three times a week, and there was NO way to get off it. It made news when they where finally located and shut down...

Any other ideas?

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
yeah, block all messages coming from the chinese ISPs (like some ISPs have done), but thats pretty against the spirit of the internet, so i have to say im against it...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, because they'll always found another place to send their spam from.
I went up and visited Sanford Wallace(aka The Spam King) because he was only in West Chester. I told him that the next time I got a spam from him I was coming back with my lawyer and a bat :)
Never got another spam from him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks