1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to meet with:

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Conklin, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Drew Barrymore?

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Thanks Ryan, I understand fully how her world must work and all the people surrounding her.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Sean what's up. I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way about Kathrine Heigl, i'd give my right nut to meet her, and take her to dinner. As was said in 'The Last Boyscout', she ranks a three on my finger scale![​IMG]
    Have you tried searching the web for her snail, or e-mail address? I think that they usually provied a way for the fans to write their favorite stars.
    It's extremly frustrating I know to see an actress you really like, and realize that their is no chance in hell you'll ever be with her, it's one of the ultimate cruelties in life, and of being a movie lover to me. As I said, I would love a shot at Kathrine, and it sorta hurts seeing her and knowing it's not going to happen. I suppose that's why we were born with imaginations, if you know what I mean.[​IMG]
    Anyway, good luck with this.

5. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

I once had a Drew Barrymore "brush with greatness" moment. I was walking in NYC through Times Square on my way to the bus station and as I'm walking along I notice people sort of staring at me. Not one or two but almost everyone who was walking in the opposite direction. At first I thought maybe my fly was down (although in NYC that would hardly raise an eyebrow). But when I got towards the corner I looked over and walking right next to me was Drew Barrymore. When the light changed she kept walking and so did I. I even slowed my pace a little so she was right next to me the whole time. This went on for a few blocks until she turned down one of the streets (probably headed for one of the theaters). What I noticed most was how short she is in person. Her IMDB profile says 5' 4" but so is my wife and she was a few inches shorter than my wife.

6. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

It's extremly frustrating I know to see an actress you really like, and realize that their is no chance in hell you'll ever be with her, it's one of the ultimate cruelties in life, and of being a movie lover to me.
    Not limited to actresses. Happens to most guys every day of their life with normal women. [​IMG]

7. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Danny, so true.

8. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

9. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

10. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I think Julie should be made official HTF moderator of relationship issues.
    So, Julie. I've met this lovely girl, but....
    [​IMG]

11. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Julie, while I agree with most of your post, I see nothing wrong with sending a poem, I mean what WOULDN'T be consisdered "stalkerish"? Celebrities are so paranoid these days about stalkers, that they too easily dismiss something as simple and inncent as a poem as stalking when all he's being is nice.
    Am I stalking if I just send a letter saying how much I love someone's work? No. But you are right on about just knowing the image of someone and not the actual person. I mean all I know of Kathrine Heigl is what she looks like(HOT DAMN!), but she could be a horrible person for all I know. I doubt it, but she could. I've read a few candid interviews with her, and she seems like a very nice girl. Keyword SEEMS.

12. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I think the point Julie was trying to make was that it would be better to invest the time elsewhere. Writing to explain appreciation of someone's work is one thing, but the idea of penning a poem sounds more of a personal thing, which - be honest - is going to be totally lost on them at best, and - at worst - completely ignored.

Now Julie, about that girl...

13. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

14. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Just get in a car, drive to LA, get her address, camp out near her house until you get a glimpse of her, take pictures, follow her around, try to approach her, get rejected, try again, freak her out, get arrested, spend some time in jail, get drunk, sober up and drive back to Montana. That should take care of it.

/Mike

15. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Ok, I think we also need a "Dear Mike" column. He's hit upon the quickest way for Sean to get over his Drew infatuation [​IMG]

16. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

17. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The easiest way to meet a person who lives in the limelight is to be assigned to write about that "star" for an established publication. Then, all you need to do is to contact her/his publicist and arrange a time for an interview. Thing is, the publication doesn't necessarily have to be that "big." Celebrities never tire of seeing their names in print.

18. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

Did you ever see that Seinfeld episode where George lies to his fiance so he can meet Marisa Tomei? They meet in the park and have a nice lunch on a park bench together. He starts to become comfortable around her and tells her about his fiance and if im correct she hits him and leaves.
    [as for email addresses, try - [email protected] - Im not saying it will work but hey who else will have this address?] PS if it does, tell us!

19. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

What is this, the "How To Be A Stalker" thread?
    Is it possible that your obsession with Barrymore is an outlet for problems you have with your wife? If so, it doesn't help. You're creating an ideal woman that your wife will never live up to, and then you will be dissappointed and come to resent her.
    Maybe it's a good idea to not watch her movies or read about her for a while. Find the good woman in your wife. If you can't, then you have bigger problems than how to contact a celebrity.
    Whatever you do, don't go hunting down Drew Barrymore, for Christ's sake. At worst, you'll end up in jail. At best, you'll end up being a sad, pathetic loser.
    I hope that wasn't too subtle.[​IMG]
    Edit: Now I'm confused, and don't remember if you had a wife or a girlfriend. If she's not a wife, replace the word "wife" with "girlfriend." There, that should fix it good.:b

20. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

This reminds me of my sister, she's told me more than a few times that if she could only meet Joni Mitchell or Cher or Oprah that they'd certainly become good friends. It's embarassing, really.
    No one seems to have mentioned how the stars protect themselves from this all too common problem. They have an assistant open mail, and then dispose of most of it. To respond in any way only encourages the fantasies of gawd knows what sort of pesonality disorder.
    Do you remember what happened to Rebecca Schaeffer? The Lennon sisters father? John Lennon? George Harrison?
    Jim
    Of course I think I'd be the best thing that ever happened to Bridget. [​IMG]