Is it possible to fry out my TV's HDMI output?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dave H, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Making a stupid mistake, I didn't connect the HDMI cord from my dvd player to my TV's HDMI output entirely --- it was more like "half way" in (discovered this after the fact). As a result, it seemed to fry the cord as I had to use a different cord for it to work. Fortunately, My TV's output still worked.

My question is, is it possible to fry out my tv's HDMI output by not plugging in the cable all the way in? Also, can I encounter any future problems with the outlet as a result of what happened? Once again, the tv output works --- but I am hoping I didn't do something to it where it may cause me future problems.

2. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

Not answering your question, but did you get the Sony 975 player? How is it? Is there any difference between the HDMI and component? Which is better?
    Very curious to hear a reply, because I'm probably venturing out tomorrow to buy a DVD player, and right now its down to the 875 changer and the 975, and since we've got the same TV you seem like a pretty reliable source!![​IMG]

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Marvin,

I'm about to purchase it. Once I test it out, I will definitely let you know what I think about it.