What's new

Is it possible to convert VHS to DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Is it worth it?? I am not talking about movies. Just a bunch of old tapes that I have and would like to convert to DVD. Our wedding tape for example. What do I need? How much? Is the quality any good??

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
You have a couple of options open to you. You can either get a DVD burner to add to your PC. There are several available now (HP's dvd100i comes to mind) that come with software for editing your own movies and are ideal for your situation.

Second is a stand alone dvd burner/player, Panasonic has one and I believe JVC does too. These are a more expensive solution, the Panasonic is about $1000 and I don't know about the JVC or any others that are available.

DVD creation for the home user is still new and as such hardware is still expensive. For example, DVD-R's are about $20 each. If you can wait I'm sure the prices is will be coming down as they become more popular.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, The reason I asked is my VCR died. I think I will just go buy a cheap VCR for about $100.00 and use it until the prices drop on the DVD Burners.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
VCD is also an option as well. I beleive there is such a recorder that's half the price of the DVD players/recorders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks