What's new

Is it ok to mount the satellite speaker upside down to the stand? (1 Viewer)

Ty_N

Auditioning
In particular, the Satellite of Polk RM7600 to Sanus Euro EFSatB Stands. The speaker has a hole to hang on the wall. I want to use this hole to screw into the stand. Would it damage the speaker if I place it upside down? Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No, it won’t damage it, but depending on the height of the stand it may place the tweeter lower than optimal for proper imaging. Other deciding factors would be your seating and the distance it is from the speaker.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

GregBe

Second Unit
Wayne,

If, for example one needed to put a bookshelf high up on a bookshelf (I know not optimal), would it be more advantageous to put the speaker upside down to get the tweeter closer to ear level. Are there any other disadvantages.

Greg

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Flipping the speaker on a bookshelf addresses one problem (getting the tweeter closer to ear level) but it causes another. Specifically, the tweeter will be virtually butted up against a horizontal boundary. That can cause unwanted reflections. The best way to avoid this is to pull the speaker flush with the leading edge of the shelf, or perhaps a little beyond that.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks