What's new

Is it ok to give used dvd's for christmas gifts? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, nowadays, the economy being what it is, and people not as certain of their futures, they should be happy to receive anything at all.

Whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"?

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I would never give a used DVD or LD for a gift unless it was

an OOP title that a friend was wanting but couldn't find before. In that case, a used gift would be very appropriate.

For me it doesn't really matter. I would really appreciate a used OOP DVD or LD for a gift. In fact what really matters to me is that someone cares enough about me to bother buying a DVD or LD instead of underwear.

Now receiving used underwear is where I'd put my foot down.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,for one,the people I have on my list are not greedy or spoiled.For two,things have been very tight this year,the place I get used dvds wraps them up in a wrapper.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Is it ok to give poop scented candles for christmas gifts?
Absolutely, as long as the candle doesn't LOOK like a turd.

This would be a great gift idea for those pain in the ass friends and relatives.

When they call you or confront you on the foul smelling candle you gave them, just play dumb and say,"Your kidding me, must've been a mistake at the candle factory, the package said "Fresh Scent" ". You don't have to tell them it was "Fresh Poop Scent"!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Well,for one,the people I have on my list are not greedy or spoiled.For two,things have been very tight this year,the place I get used dvds wraps them up in a wrapper.
Chad, if your friends and relatives are like you, and appreciate DVD's used or new, then do it. I mean you know them are they DVD buffs? If so, try it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hang on, you guy's DO realize that I was kidding about that socks and underwear thing right? I mean even a cheap bastard like me would never give used socks and underwear as gifts! I prefer to give used jockstraps instead!:)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,I am not going to give dvds used or new to folks that could care less about them,even if they do have a dvd player.

Used jock straps...My grandma bought lots of stuff at goodwill and I needed a jock strap for soccer..she got me one,guess where.

I saved some money and got a new one

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'm getting my parents a DVD player for Christmas but I'm not springing for movies. They're gonna have to settle for a few of those unopened Troma discs that I ordered back during that $0.10 sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks