What's new

Is it my system or does Ghost Recon have crazy system requirements? (1 Viewer)

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
I installed Ghost Recon from my latest CGW CD-ROM and on the options screen, selected high detail for everything. I have never experienced any sort of slowdown on any of the games I have run so it was a shock when my computer creeped along as I played GR.
I have an 866 mHz PIII with 512 MB RAM and a Matrox G400 video card. I realize that my card is a "tad" antiquated, but I was amazed by how much slowdown I experienced.
Would a GeForce 2 Ultra card make enough difference to play the game with all of the details maxed out, or do I just need to drop a couple of large on a new system?
What has been your experiences with this game? What kind of system requirements does GR REALLY need?
Thanks in advance.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Bill its not just you. The game engine is quite the hog. I have a P3 700 with 256megs of ramand a Geforce 3 and I will get some framerate drops in certain areas.

By the way I'm playing at 1280X1024X32. Mind you the framerate drops are negligible and I think the lowest I have seen has been 20fps. Thats not bad considring its happens once in a great while and I'm playing with everything maxed out.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
I've been playing this fun little game for a couple weeks now and have played with the settings ad nauseam. I am running a P3 866/256MB RAM and a Voodoo5 card (don't laugh). I've had to settle for low and mid detail levels at 800X600X16 to get decent performance. My real problem, at first, was the default MouseRadians thing setting which I had to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks