Is It Me Or Does Witchblade Simply Stink?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roberto Carlo, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo Second Unit

I enjoyed last season in an escapist sort of way. And I was willing to grant the creators the Mulligan they asked for this year. (For the uninitiated, the season-ending episode had Sara "rewinding" time so that, in effect, everything we saw in the previous episodes was undone.)

But last night was sooo lame. Starting with the fact that the NYC of this year doesn't feel anything like NYC. Last year's, while occasionally showing scenes that couldn't have taken place in NYC, still captured some of the feel and look of the city. This year's might as well refer to Sara as "Toronto's" or "Vancouver's" toughest cop.

Then there is the Ian as psycho prophet. Sheesh! Throw in Gabriel as occult oddities dealer and what a mess.

Am I being too hard?

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Nope, it takes me at least 2 viewings to watch one episode of Witchblade, and that's because the 1st viewing puts me to sleep, and I can usually make it through the last half hour on the 2nd viewing. It's just really boring. The flashbacks are overdone, and the plots are not too engaging.

3. Derek Williams

Derek Williams Stunt Coordinator

I lasted the first two shows, I don't see how it has been on this long.

4. Chuck Parker

Chuck Parker Agent

I'm actually kind of enjoying it, though not quite as much as the first season, though I still have hope that things will pick up soon. The idea of starting back at the beginning this season was an interesting one. With the audience already knowing the big secrets and revelations about certain characters (and I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that the characters' histories prior to the reboot are any different), there's potential to really wring some tension and drama out of the situation. So far, though, they haven't really been terribly effective (though they have already revisited some ideas from the first season).

Last night, though, the dropped a couple of hints indicating that the reboot may not be total (at least from Sara's perspective - having hazy memories of plot details from last season that haven't happened so far this year) - I imagine that this idea will be the thrust of the story arc this time around. I'm not ready to give up just yet.

-I did like the more brooding Nottingham from last season better, though.

Chuck

5. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

have only seen the first and second episodes so far. i like it a little, but don't understand all of what she is seeing, perhaps this "reboot" explains some of it, can anyone give a recap of the first season for people just starting to watch it? [I'm watching the 3rd episode tonight later [​IMG]]