What's new

Is it just me or......???? (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit

Cool! I really want this show on DVD. (along with Family Ties and The Hogan Family) So, when can we expect Season 1 to be released? ;)

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
Now we are getting Jeopardy?!?!?!?! Whats wrong with this picture? Ahhh, ya know what the sad thing is that I'll prolly pick the dvd up for my dad for christmas as he was a huge Ken Jennings fan. lol.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
There was a single set of "Big Brother" released a few years back (I think it was BB3).

I seriously considered getting it. I didn't at the time, but I had really hoped future seasons would be released with all the episodes.

I am leaning towards getting "The Amazing Race" just because it is hard to remember what happened that first season...there were a few seasons in there that I didn't watch...and have loved the last three seasons.

Owning reality shows is a tricky thing. My wife and I love to watch "Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica," but it is a different sort of reality show.

"Survivor," "Big Brother," and "The Amazing Race" fall in the category of "game shows" to me. The shows involve contestants competing for prizes.

If those shows are "reality," then "The Price is Right," "Wheel of Fortune" and "Hollywood Squares" are "reality" television.

Obviously, the "realness" of shows like "Newlyweds" and "The Real World" is questionable, but since they aren't competing for prizes, it is a pseudo-documentary I suppose.

Maybe "long-term game shows" is a better label for "reality tv."

Now...the question is whether or not "game shows" are worth owning on DVD. I can't answer that question one way or the other. If I purchase one sometime, I will let you know.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I dunno

A lot of the shows I actually want are being trickled out in single disc B.S.

New Outer Limits (canadian seasons are the syndicated/edited versions)
X-men cartoon

etc

LizH

Second Unit
^ Spill, Dave ... or I'll handcuff you to your beloved La-Z-Boy and force you to watch a "Britney & Kevin" marathon. :D

And if THAT isn't enough, it'll be "The Anna Nicole Show" for you as well! :p) :laugh:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was refering, Liz, to the past: I knew that Growing Pains was going to be a news item Gord would put up not too many days after I wrote post #18 in this thread.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know, there was a time once when I had Dave handcuffed in my basement. But I think that's a period in his life he'd rather forget.

:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Go ahead, Mike, and tell the story...I need the therapy.

All I remember is a dark haze and a couple of puppets with hats dancing around a giant vinyl turntable...

LizH

Second Unit
OK ...

We've got midgets, latex, and a giant turntable.

***Liz wonders just what goes on at Mike's house at night O.O ***

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
WRT the reality shows on DVD debate. You are forgetting a third option why they would release them on DVD...for people who never watched the show the first time around and are now picking them up on DVD after hearing all the hype about the show.

I know I have rented a few reality shows on DVD because someone raved about it but I never watched it and wanted to check it out. I do that with scripted TV too. I'm now in the middle of watching "Felicity" and "Smallville" on DVD because I never watched them before and a friend recommended them to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks