What's new

Is it just me or is Ben Stiller kicking ass at the moment! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking, Ben Stiller is on a serious role at the moment, second only to George Clooney. I can't think of one comedy he's been in that wasn't funny. I watched 'Meet the Parents' again yesterday, and although theres some crap stuff in it, hes hilarious as usual. If you have caught the Stiller wave yet give 'Flirting with Disaster', 'The Cable Guy' (which I personally love), 'Zoolander', 'Keeping the Faith', or 'Something... Mary' a try. And for a more serious Ben, check 'Zero Effect' or 'Your Friends and Neighbors'. I think hes definately the top movie comedien at the moment - right up there above Mike Myers and Jim Carrey.

and..... How awesome is 'The Royal Tenenbaums' going to be!!! - this ones like you died and woke up in comedy heaven!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I also recommend Reality Bites.

I should note that Ben Stiller only appears briefly in the Cable Guy, so anyone that was watching it solely for him might be dissapointed, although he did also direct it.

I also recommend all the titles above, especially Flirting with Disaster, which is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My favorite cameo of his is in "Happy Gilmore."

He's almost unrecognizable as the male nurse in the nursing home:

Grandma: Could I trouble you for a nice, warm glass of milk? It helps me sleep.

Stiller: You can trouble me for a nice warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP! You will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep! Read the nametag granny, you're in my world now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks