is it just me or has this forum been quiet?? where are all the reviews

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd stone, Aug 28, 2005.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

This may be off-topic, but I am wondering where all the new movie review and discussion threads have gone. I have been coming here for a long time and I have never seen it this quiet.

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I've noticed it too. It's quiet. Too quiet.

~T

3. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    It's the dead season at the theaters. It used to be that September was a slow season, but with school starting up earlier in the year in many parts of the country, the slow season has been creeping into August.

That's my guess at least. I haven't been compelled to a theater in a few weeks.

4. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    It sure does seem quieter here. And not only the discussion threads, but there seem to be less threads about speaker, amps, display devices, sources, etc. Maybe everyone is slowing down because of the new technologies coming up?

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Both? All three? [​IMG] A lot of people are on vacation too. I think it is like the last chance to get your vacation in before Labor Day! Oh, and I don't want to forget those that are moaning now because they spent too much money on vacation.

That goes for the studio execs too, so we should find out what will be coming out (on DVD and at the movies) in a few weeks.

Glenn

6. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I haven't seen a new movie since Four Brothers, and nothing much interests me until Serenity comes out on September 30. If there's one movie I'll see before Serenity comes out, it'll probably be Red Eye. The 40-Year-Old Virgin thread hasn't gone official, but it's still going.

7. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I think the reason that the forum is quiet is summer vacations, people doing more outdoor activities, not as many good movies to see, etc. I know my movie viewing has virtually crawled to a standstill for the past month or so. Things will pick up in a couple of weeks.

8. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

yea that is what I mean, some movie review threads have not even gone official. Maybe the ADMINS are on vacation?

9. Billy C.

Billy C. Agent

No kidding. I was looking for some opinions on The Brothers Grimm and all I could find is a single thread on the trailer (and only 5 replies in that). Not a single comment on the movie itself. Looks like I'll have to start relying on professional reviews again. [​IMG]

10. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Yeah, I've been checking for Brother Grimm experiences too, but I've figured it's the end of summer and all. I'm sure there's a thread like this every year [​IMG]

11. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Overall for the past few months there seems to be a dearth of activity at Home Theater Forum. But it's that way across the Internet. All the speculations here contribute to the situation. People are awaiting/dreading a possible HD DVD-versus-Blu-ray battle. Members seem to be migrating to projectors on a big scale. The past summer at the box office was something of a flop, due to changing habits and largely forgettable films.

Home Theater Forum has experienced these ups and downs along with society at large. Activity will pick up again. Stay with us. [​IMG]

12. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

Personally, I tired of the 'debate' and stopped posting as much. I got tired of having to defend why I did or didn't like something against people who told me I was wrong either way, so I just stopped posting but for occasional comments that aren't debatable (for the most part).

13. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I don't post as often as I used to, and that has led a lot of people to look on other sites for interesting discussions.

--
    H

14. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

Yeah, I was shocked that a new film from Terry Gilliam didn't have any discussion here.

15. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I get the sense that those of you expressing interest in The Brothers Grimm are waiting to see it until you hear reaction from others. There's a lot of that going around. [​IMG]

M.

16. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
  17. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

It's slow all over. Same thing is happening to AVS. Nothing new about HD, HD-DVD vs. Blue-Ray well, that's old news and until the first model comes out there's nothing really more to discuss or in some cases argue. New t.v.s are coming out with 1080p but nothing to test it with. Film, well not a very eventful summer.