1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it easy to do a tune-up on an original SNES console?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John Pine, Jun 21, 2005.

1. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    I have an original SNES that is in working condition and I’m considering replacing the contactors and doing an over-all tune-up/cleaning. Is this something a novice could tackle? What parts should be replaced? Any feedback?

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Two words: big cojones. [​IMG] That's somewhat of a collector's item, is it not?

3. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    Hey, I also own an X-box, PS2 and a GC. But the SNES had certain classic titles like FFIII, CronoTrigger & Earthbound that will never be duplicated. Well…except on a PC Rom emulator…but that’s another story. [​IMG]

No feedback huh? Oh well…this is obviously the wrong forum for this thread.

4. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

I was going to reply, but realized I had no idea where to start with doing what you want to do...sorry! [​IMG]

5. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I've repaired a couple of blue screen NES consoles, but thats not quite the same. If your SNES is working (mine are) then there is no need to do anything. If the contacts aren't connecting well they're probably just dirty and most game shops sell a kit for cleaning them. I think its just a mild abrashive on a stick which you run in and out of the contacts.

jeremy