What's new

Is it best to post an auction on eBay just before Christmas, or after? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am preparing an auction of DVD's, records and laser discs, but am thinking that this isn't quite the right time to start it, as people are pretty much buying new stuff for others for Christmas (mine is all used). I wonder if it would be better to wait until just after the holiday, when presumably people are back to being their greedy selves :) and wanting to spend all the disposable income they have received as Christmas gifts? Has anyone compared before/after and have had experience? Thanks for any help!

Foster

Auditioning
Hey Dick, I've been an active ebayer for a few yrs now. I don't think putting them up now would be so bad except for the risk of shipments getting lost or burned like those at UPS in Chicago did recently.

The big thing about holiday shopping is fraud, but typically they go after big ticket items. Not individual cd's or dvds & lazer discs. Stuff like that isn't worth the theives time.

Usually after the holidays most folk go thru buyers remorse and lay low on the buying til they get their credit cards payed off (around tax refund time).

So if you really want to sell those dvds, lds, and cds I'd put them up on the block and see what kind've interest they generate now while everyone spends like there's no tomorrow!

(Just my opinion)

Regards!

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
One other consideraton: If your auction ends before Christmas, you'll regret your timing once you see that line at the Post Office (unless you have a 24-hour facility in your area and don't mind going there at odd hours).

Jon

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

You'd be surprised at how many people buy presents off of eBay. Why would Santa pay $40 for a brand new copy of Sonic Heroes, when he can get a used copy in perfect shape for only $27? ;)

Chris

SarahG

Second Unit
To avoid any hassle, if it were me, I might wait a little bit after Christmas....let the crowd die down a little. I will say I am not an expert ebay-er, but I would imagine your auction may get lost in the clutter before the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks