Is it Best to Buy Paradigm in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex_Santos, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Alex_Santos

Alex_Santos Second Unit

Im very interested in buying some paradigm speakers. Im just wondering if it would be cheaper to buy from a canadian dealer and have them shipped to me. I live in Florida. I have an authorized dealer and he is willing to give me 6%, maybe 10 if i push him, but I think i might be able to do better across the border. Id like to know if anyone has bought from canada, and if so, where and for how much? Also, if anyone knows off hand, what are the fees for them crossing into the US. Thanks everyone.

2. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Paradigm does not allow mail orders....they are very specific about it. I have been told by an authorized Paradigm dealer that they would risk losing the Paradigm product if they did mail orders and got caught doing it. He further added that Paradigm even does checks on the dealers from time to time.

So unless you have a friend in Canada that could buy the speakers and send them to you, you are SOL. Sorry.

Have you tried other Paradigm dealers within your area? Get prices and pit them against each other sometimes works wonders for you.

Good luck.

Dave