Is it alright to mix PSB Alpha Center with Klipsch RF-3's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Cruz, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Ryan Cruz

Ryan Cruz Stunt Coordinator

I was originally planning to but PSB all around, then I listened to the RF-3's and thought that it would be worth shelling out the extra cash. I know it's better if I had the same type of speakers, so how bad would it get if I mix and match?

2. Ryan Cruz

anyone?

3. Ken Leggatt

Ken Leggatt Stunt Coordinator

I guess if it makes you happy that is what really counts. The RF-3's are really efficient and will probably have a tone that is just not right with the PSB centre. The most important speakers to match in a HT system are the front three. I would recomend getting the RC-3 to have a seamless front sound stage.

4. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

If you are buying all three speakers anyway then I would suggest buying from the same manufacturer...ideally the same speaker for your front stage. In a pinch a mismatch can still deliver decent results, but not when compared to a well matched setup.

I had been using an Infinity Kappa center with my Signet SL260s for the longest time. It always bothered me and when I upgraded to a matching Signet speaker, the differences were night and day.

- Jeff

5. Ryan Cruz

Ok. since I had bought the PSB Alpha C already, I guess I'm buying the PSB Image 2B's.