Is hiss a sign of copy-protected CD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy*J, May 31, 2002.

1. Jeremy*J

Jeremy*J Auditioning

I have the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones soundtrack CD and it definitely contains an unusual amount of background hiss, no matter what system I play it in (it sounds like an old cassette tape). I find it hard to believe this was in the original recording, so could this be a form of copy-protection? Some people mentioned the hiss in an earlier thread, but nobody suggested the copy-protection explanation. Any thoughts?

Jeremy

2. Stephanie T.

Stephanie T. Stunt Coordinator

I've been wondering about the tape hiss too! AFAIK, there's no connection between the two; copy protection is supposed to be virtually inaudible. Either way, shame on Sony Classical! (BTW, their website doesn't offer nearly the info on the album that I'd like to access. I'd love to be able to learn something about the compositional choices Williams made and his inspirations, and notes on the instrumentation/arrangements.)

I hope a superior, more-complete recording will be made available someday. I particularly miss the music from the factory sequence. Oh well...

3. Stephanie T.

Stephanie T. Stunt Coordinator

P.S. And from another newbie, welcome to the boards! [​IMG]