Is Heartbreakers a good movies?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaveJJ, Oct 19, 2001.

1. DaveJJ

DaveJJ Stunt Coordinator

Is this a good movie to own? I like Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt. What do you guys think about the movie? Thank for all comment.
    DaveJJ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Have Fun Guys My HT

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

3. Mick B

Mick B Stunt Coordinator

Yes it was alot of fun. Hackman is hilarious as the old rich guy hacking and coughing while chain smoking. And Sig looks really good but I'm old. I'm going to buy it. It's really one of those movies that if you happen to be in a certain silly mood, you're going to laugh all the way thru.
    Mick

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Hell yes! It's hilarious, especially Ray Liotta, it's alost as if he's doing a parody of himself! [​IMG]
    And as for Jennifer Love Hewitt's cleavage, those babies should have gotton a metion right on the poster with the other actors! The girl is FINE! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

5. Andy Bell

Andy Bell Stunt Coordinator

I enjoyed this movie also. And if I had'nt, Jennifer Love Hewitt would have made it worth watching!!!

6. Karen-Fowler

Karen-Fowler Auditioning

It's ok,but not really great or funny enough to own.
    I suggest renting it or getting it at a rental store
    sale.

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Not really. Actually, it's worse than "not really" - I've got it down for about 1.5 stars on the 2001 Film List thread. It's a mean-spirited alleged comedy whose biggest laughs come from Ray Liotta chewing a bunch of scenery.
    It squeaks in at 1.5 stars because 1 star is the "I cannot think of a reason to continue watching this movie" level. Ms. Hewitt as eye candy manages to bump it half a star over that, but it's unfortunate that she keeps opening her mouth.

8. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Hewitt's very nice to look at, but she makes the character so shrill and unlikable at the begining that it's hard to care about her change for the better towards the end. Weaver, on the other hand, is generally good, but only has one great scene ("Back in the USSR").
    Way overlong at 125 minutes. A few amusing moments, but nothing in the way of charm or good, solid laughs. Not even worth renting.

9. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

Comedy being subjective and all that, it's hard to gauge whether someone else will find it funny but I was amused. Yes, it's mean spirited but that's part of why I enjoyed it. There's a good commentary track with Weaver, Hewitt and the director, too.