Is HD-DVD compatable with my Projector?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Derek D, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Derek D

Derek D Auditioning

I have a Mitsubishi HC-100 dlp projector, it is a 480p native resolution projector, but is also compatable with 720p, and 1080I signals, it has a DVI input that is compatable with HDMI with the adapter, I am going to upgrade when I can afford it, but I want to go ahead and get an HD-DVD player, will it be compatable, and on an 80 inch screen, will I still see a difference between HD and standard DVD, at the projectors resolution, HDTV looks much better, so HD-DVD should as well, I am just curious, and I am planning to upgrade my projector, so please post a bunch of threads on how muche I need to buy something better, because I am aware of that, I just want to know about the one I already have, thanks alot.

Derek

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    Yes, HD DVD should work fine with the projector and should be an improvement over standard DVD. The projector DVI input will need to be HDCP compliant and even then could have some issues with HDMI>DVI but the component input will work fine. I have no specific knowledge of your projector and would expect HDMI>DVI to work properly but there are enough problems with that vintage DVI input device that if you must use DVI, you might want to inquire with other owners if you don't have experience using HDMI devices already.

Chris

3. TicoTVA

TicoTVA Stunt Coordinator

Also keep in mind your is film is being downscaled if you have a blu-ray or HD-DVD set to 480p.