What's new

Is Harman/Kardon duping unsuspecting customers???? (1 Viewer)

amanWadhan

Agent
1. Recently I purchased a H/K AVR335 Receiver. Although it was properly packed, I did not get
any warranty card with the it. Otherwise I got all the accessories. On enquiring, the dealer
told me that the H/K does not provide any separate warranty cards with its receivers and the
product is replaced/repaired if it is found to be faulty i.e. warranty is by the word of mouth.
Is this correct? Can the users tell me if they got any warranty card along with the operation
manual and setup code booklet.

2. The receiver that I got did not have the sticker of the distributor on the carton. The other
products that I purchased (JBL Northridge E Series speakers) had the stickers intact. The stickers
have the price, date of manufacturing, date of import, country of origin etc. written on them. On
enquiring from my dealer, I was told that the receivers are not tagged individually and they are
imported in a master carton (each containing a number of receivers) and it is the master carton on
which distributor's sticker can be found. I don't know whether this is correct or not. Anyone who
has any idea about this, please elaborate. Can anyone also tell me as to how to distinguish an
original H/K receiver from a fake look-alike?

3. I am also not able to program the Remote Controller of AVR 335 for my Sony DVD player. Is it
normal to have such compatability issues or is there something wrong with the receiver? Here I
would like to mention that I have been able to program the remote controller of AVR335 for my Sony
T.V. quite easily.

James Phung

Second Unit
I think the important question is, did you buy your HK receiver from an authorized dealer? Harman (who also owns, JBL and Infinity) usually checks that you purchased their products from authorized dealers.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Sales reciept is nearly always good enough for warranty validation.

It does sound like this retailer may not be H/K Authoized though. Hard to say, and only H/K could really tell you.

amanWadhan

Agent
Anyone who is owning a h/k receiver, can you tell me whether or not you received any warranty card in the carton My authorized dealer has also given me the receipt but what I want to know is that whether a warranty card comes from the side of the company or not. Also, if any one can give me the e-mail of the customer care of h/k or tell me how to post my questions on their website. thanks

My receiver carries a serial no. on its back and the date of mfg. Is this the test of whether or not the receiver is genuine??

Paul Mor

Stunt Coordinator
You are warrantied by a valid receipt from an authorized dealer, not by the registration card. I don't believe my H/K had a registration card, but if it did, I didn't send it in. Doesn't mean I don't have warranty coverage though.

As for the remote, how old is the DVD player? My experience has been that it may not work with an older piece of equipment. (older could be only 3-4 years old, too).

amanWadhan

Agent
I purchase my DVD player in Dec 2004 so it is not very old. Is this a thing to worry about or is it something that can happen ordinarily? thanks for the help.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I can't remember if I got a warranty card with my HK, but if I did I never sent it in. Your receipt is good enough for warranty purposes, provided its from an authorized dealer.

Some devices may not work with the HK remote. You might have to try all possible DVD codes for Sony. My HK remote on my 325 was a learning remote, I believe. It should be able to find the right code.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks