What's new

Is H/K Warranty transferrable? (1 Viewer)

RaviK

Agent
Someone is offering me a 3 month old H/K, online. The product was originally bought from Circuit City and is registered on H/K's website. Will this warranty still be valid if I buy the system from him? I tried H/K's website, but it was a little ambiguous for me. One sentence reads "Warranty is available to protect the original owner" while another sentence reads "Warranty is valid as long as you have the original sales receipt". Kind of confused.. can someone please clarify?

Thanks,
Ravi

RaviK

Agent
Never mind.. I got the answer from H/K's website...

I understand they don't provide warranty for purchases from unauthorized delears, but at least they should have allowed transfer of warranties :angry:. Given the number of issues H/K receivers have, I wouldn't buy one without the warranty.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If I'm reading this correctly RaviK, so long as you have the original purchase receipt, you're ok. Had it read like this "As long as you have the original-purchase receipt from an authorized dealer and you are the original owner..." this would imply two conditions must be met. I'd say so long as you can get the original receipt you're ok. Consider the following scenario if you will. I buy an H/K receiver and a month later give it to my son as a birthday gift. He's covered.

SeanV

Stunt Coordinator

This leads me to believe that there are actually three requirements to be met. The first two are joined by the "and" of the final one. Otherwise, it would have been an "or" to designate seperate variables. But I could be wrong.

SeanV

Stunt Coordinator

This leads me to believe that there are actually three requirements to be met. The first two are joined by the "and" of the final one. Otherwise, it would have been an "or" to designate seperate variables. But I could be wrong.

RaviK

Agent
Sean,
Yes, to me, it looks like all three requirements have to be met, though Chu Gai has a valid point.

Anyway, after much deliberation, I bid and won a "factory remanufactured" AVR 330 on ebay for $355 from H/K direct. Not sure if it is a good or bad deal, but I guess peace of mind is what I need the most :D

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my HK225 from ecost and my warranty was honored because I send in a copy of the original receipt.

rogo

KyleGS

Second Unit
The warranty is transferrable. I've sent in numerous units for repair and was not the original owner. Just send the original receipt (from auth. dealer) and your all set.

SeanV

Stunt Coordinator
Come to think of it, how would they be able to tell if you were the original owner, as long as you had the original receipt?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks